Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Proton Iswara/Wira/Waja/Gen2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
people uses economy to kills people... so we are self eliminating Razz

wah, then to avoid it.. then drive motorbike = the best.

but nowadays, the proton image is bad but yet still got many ppl buying it. why? izit becoz of price?
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
david wrote:

but nowadays, the proton image is bad but yet still got many ppl buying it. why? izit becoz of price?

Definitely because of price.... what do you think... we like protong ahh Evil or Very Mad
This has been going on since protong started 20 years ago.. we are bullied by the protection given to protong
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
osaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

accentmaniac wrote:
noname wrote:
david wrote:

Definitely because of price.... what do you think... we like protong ahh Evil or Very Mad
This has been going on since protong started 20 years ago.. we are bullied by the protection given to protong

yes u right!! Surprised Surprised

got rumors say goverment want to reduce the loan interest on national car,level with imported cars.Waaa..many2 plotong lah after this!!
SinEater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
What u think of the new Satria Neo? Comes in 1.3 and 1.6, price range from 40+k to 50+k... pretty affordable... but a plotong is always a plotong..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SinEater wrote:
Guys,
What u think of the new Satria Neo? Comes in 1.3 and 1.6, price range from 40+k to 50+k... pretty affordable... but a plotong is always a plotong..

in term of look, is very nice. i like the interior too except the interior door knot... look like going to break it anytime when i open the door.

the price is affordable for 1.6 coz consist of airbag and ABS. not bad... this round im going to praise proton... (for the meantime) until when something is going bad... Crying or Very sad
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
SinEater wrote:
Guys,

in term of look, is very nice. i like the interior too except the interior door knot... look like going to break it anytime when i open the door.

the price is affordable for 1.6 coz consist of airbag and ABS. not bad... this round im going to praise proton... (for the meantime) until when something is going bad... Crying or Very sad

Still worry on the build quality... hope they have changed the previous suppliers... or else it protong may end up like Dr M proposed -Cl*se
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plotong sucks......muahahahahah.......look at neo and gen2 are both simliar, just difference of the amount of doors...if u check out www.paultan.org about the review of neo, surely u'll think "wah" "omg".....somehow they manage to pull out some stunts of the car. along with this review, there is a proton waja 4wd rally spec, driven by our famous karamjit singh....doin donuts, j turns, u turns, going thru the moose.

it aint a good car at all. my opinion, hell yeah its cool, but same time by concept koyak d....mini gen2 aka neo, is just facelifted, new engine, some wierd looking rims...1.3 version really kosong and cheap cheap plastics, the cool stuff taken out...1.6 one looks great...then again, its a blardy plotong...never owned one, will never own one...

plotong only succesfully pulled out a car, was the perdana and the savvy. if savvy was bigger, it will override sales of the myvi...it looks so much better...also in terms of technology put into the vehicle...myvi is left miles away. btw, neo, previously called the SRM , Satria replacement model , was supposed to be launched before the myvi. plotong had to compete with its predecessor by unleashing savvy - built tough..kononnya.

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
jojoyuki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah lao..tat mean neo is no good ah..
my fren told me he wanna change his BMW 3 series to neo woh..
OMG!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladies and gentlemen, lion and elephant,

i had PERSONALLY tested Satria Neo at EON Glenmarie last 2 weeks after Proton launched it at Mutiara Damansara Platinium centre.

to summarize my grandmother stories short, here are my reviews:

1. cabin space is too small for a 6 feet guy like me to get in or get out, i think i need to lying if i have to sit behind.

2. the door got credit from me because they really improved, although damn FCUKing heavy but the closure and contact is better than our Accent.

3. engine is underpower for my test ride 1.6MT because of the stupid door.

4. steerling turning ratio improved compared with others model in their make.

5. fuel consumption is moderate, becoz of new car and underpower, the FC is high

6. the interior design is lousy, saga aircond design, gen2 dashboard steerling and aircond control, waja side mirror.. total rojak design, no uniqueness, the designer shall be sack!!!

7. overpriced for a 2 door version of 1.6MT

8. good points, the engine air intake snorkel improved, projector headlights

9. car body lousy, i can bend its bumper using my leg with little force

10. stupid engine mounting, they tend to design to drop the engine in case of serious crash but i afraid if minor accident like hit by a motorbike from the side will cause the mounting to release the engine hook.

11. engine noise pretty much reduced and vibration less, insulation got credit

12. the famous campro engine aircond compressor noise now solved, they use the correct size of a/c compressor for 1.6MT

13. handling not very good, steerling very heavy

14. braking still ok with a car w/o any ABS when i do a diving emergency brake infront of traffic light at 90km/h to kill off engine and restart w/o problem.

so, my summary is if someone gonna sell off BMW and get this car, i think it is still acceptable because imagine someone wanna sell BMW to buy proton must have some financial constraint.

if you have money, get imported cars. full stop.

jojoyuki wrote:
wah lao..tat mean neo is no good ah..
my fren told me he wanna change his BMW 3 series to neo woh..
OMG!

eugene jk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah.. if 1.6MT oso underpower, den 1.3AT lagi underunderpower?? But I think it is very heavy for a 2-door car (1100++ kg), heavier than Accent. Today adi can see ppl driving Neo on Negeri Sembilan road. No doubt the exterior looks cool.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the total kerb weight is 1200++kg for 1.6, 1100kg++ for 1.3

eugene jk wrote:
wah.. if 1.6MT oso underpower, den 1.3AT lagi underunderpower?? But I think it is very heavy for a 2-door car (1100++ kg), heavier than Accent. Today adi can see ppl driving Neo on Negeri Sembilan road. No doubt the exterior looks cool.

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice the dashboard of Neo? Its looks very fragile and thin especially the passanger side airbag area. One finger can easily push it in. Shocked
Another thing is the Air filter console. Its written UMW motors, this time Toyota help them to design the Air filter console? Normally we can easily change the drop in filter with just unsnap the clips, but with satria neo required philips screwdrivers to remove all the screws first. Shocked
The rear cabin space is more worst than previous model, smaller than others. Embarassed
The QC is still lousy. The front bumper and bonnet cover are not properly fix with uneven gaps and alignment. Embarassed
OMG Exclamation
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, look like the design is very bad.

for me, it still look alright and have some improvement compare to other car. give and take lah... coz we paid for the price and we get the product.

dont lah expect paying RM50K and get a toyota product...
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:

for me, it still look alright and have some improvement compare to other car. give and take lah... coz we paid for the price and we get the product.

I don't agree with this, toyota or others brand car expensive becoz of the stupid tax structure...not the quality... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
noname wrote:

I don't agree with this, toyota or others brand car expensive becoz of the stupid tax structure...not the quality... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

fully agreed with my legs up Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: