Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review for Hyundai Accent ONLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: WHERE TO GET BEST DEAL Reply with quote

umikosan wrote:
I looking for a New Accent but i only got limited Money. Hope to get low down-payment.

Hope Kah Bintang will do promotion again since i miss the one held at Mid Valley. Only Below 1K down-payment.

TONY

thought nowaday they very desparate sell you the car, about the loan and downpayment, always can negeotiate one, just drop by the showroom, sure they will help u one, especially now after cny, sure their sales very bad one, go go go..sure u can get the deal.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I guess we all know Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear UK. Here's a review of Top Gear Pacific Rims, which includes cars from Korea and Malaysia.

The Accent inside is refer to 1.5L Diesel with 3 cylinder, which is DIFFERENT from ours which is 1.5L Petrol with 4 cylinder.

http://blink4blog.blogspot.com/2006/02/top-gear-pacific-rims.html
scst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WHERE TO GET BEST DEAL Reply with quote

Hi Good Evening, for more info regarding the latest offers and price list. you may call me at 012 - 222 1616 or email me at sam@kahbintang.com or scst@streamyx.com. No obligation to purchase from me. Free Advice.

Thank You.

SAM CHONG
KAH BINTANG HQ

umikosan wrote:
I looking for a New Accent but i only got limited Money. Hope to get low down-payment.

Hope Kah Bintang will do promotion again since i miss the one held at Mid Valley. Only Below 1K down-payment.

TONY
cbng
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumours saying that the all new Hyundai Accent 2006 (Hyundai Verna) will be unveiled by end of this year. Price will be in between the current Accent and Elantra. I think it should be at least RM75K.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the name already been used in some countries, e.g. Egypt.

google will show all about this "new" (old) Hyundai Verna.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-menuext&ie=UTF-8&q=Hyundai+Verna

cbng wrote:
Rumours saying that the all new Hyundai Accent 2006 (Hyundai Verna) will be unveiled by end of this year. Price will be in between the current Accent and Elantra. I think it should be at least RM75K.

cbng
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Review on Hyundai Verna 1.6 from http://www.aas.com.sg/features/archive/f01064.htm

January 2006

Hyundai Verna

Hyundai drops its Accent for the all-new Verna, which retains the brand's reputation for quality budget motoring...

What's New
Hyundai makes cheap cars cheerful, that much is certain and the company's been steadily working away at upping the quality, look and feel of its products. So much so that if you haven't gone near a Hyundai in recent memory, chances are you'd be happily surprised by how far they've come if you did.

The latest model to hit local showrooms is the Verna, Hyundai's replacement for the popular Accent small sedan. The Verna is a considerably larger car than the Accent, hence the rationale behind giving it a different name. Incidentally, the new car's basic mechanicals also form the underpinnings for the Kia Rio.

The two cars do manage to be quite different, though, with the Hyundai projecting a more mature, sober air than the arguably funkier Rio. Which is presumably intended. Hyundai's offerings have steadily become more European and, consequently, more premium in feel and the sober distinction works in that context.

The Verna's nose is pretty attractive, with sleek front fenders tapering towards fared-in headlamps that frame a neat oval grille. It's certainly a far cry from the slightly awkward looking Accent. The car's flanks and rear aspect are more conventional, though, and the latter view is where the car bears the most resemblance to the Rio.

The interior quality is as per all recent Hyundais, which is to say pretty much beyond reproach. The dashboard is clearly laid out and all the controls fall easily to hand. Hyundai has also covered most surfaces in textured plastics that do a pretty good job of emulating the soft-touch coating that more expensive cars sometimes come with. Interior room is pretty good, for front passengers at least. At the rear, ideally, you should carry just two people, any more would constitute a bit of a squash. Plus the centre passenger only gets a lap belt for protection.

How it Performs

The Verna you see here is the range-topping 1.6-litre automatic version. The engine boasts continuously variable valve timing, and develops 112bhp. Progress is pretty brisk, but you have to be judicious with throttle inputs, or the four-speed gearbox will protest by being less inclined to smooth-out gearchanges.

On the road, only the intrusion of a bit too much road noise, thanks to the budget tyres mars what is otherwise an impressively refined cabin. The Verna's steering is nicely weighted and surprisingly positive, which sort of makes you want to drive more enthusiastically. However, the tyres make sure that there is less grip available than enthusiasm ideally requires, and the fact that the Verna's set up a bit too softly for sporting driving, quickly dissipates the red mist.

If, in any event, things do go pear shaped, you'll be very pleased to note that the Verna comes equipped with a driver's side airbag, and an Anti-Lock braking System or ABS, which alone should seal the deal for many.
How it Stacks Up

The Verna lists at $52,000 with COE, which is a bargain. It's comfortable, well-built and looks very smart, but the best thing is the fact that the Verna comes with ABS, a feature that not many cars in this segment come with as standard.
Technical Specifications

MODEL
Hyundai Verna 1.6 (A)
ENGINE
Engine: 1,599cc 16V in-line 4
Max Power: 112bhp at 4,500rpm
Max Torque: 145Nm at 4,500rpm
TRANSMISSION
4-speed automatic
TOP SPEED
176 kmh
0-100km/h
12.0s

Crazy about the Accent replacement model? Some more pictures here......
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/accent/gallery/360view.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: