Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Toyota Models!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. You are right.. From what you result of comparison both CBU Jazz and CBU Vitz, I also think that both prices will be quite near. But as we know, Jazz is CBU and Vitz is gonna to be CKD here. So the price will be lower than what Jazz offer here. But it might not be that cheap as 50k. Crying or Very sad I think we better be patient to wait for the actual price when the Vitz is launched here next year. Wink

Btw, thanks for your information. Very Happy
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I tot after the what what NAP, CKD cars will be much more expensive than before also? Anyway, still not really understand that the what what NAP will happen to us....but at least I'm sure soon CKD cars will getting more expensive than we think? for example the naik harga's CKD Avanza. By the way, oversea's Vitz's full spec come with 7 air bags, ABS, BA, EBD, 1.5 VVTI, CVT, DOHC etc & rated 5 stars for Europe safety standard! Wow! Toyota really looking forward to make this Vitz to be a BOOM it seems, even better than 80K++'s Vios!.....ya maybe the CKD's features not as good as the CBU one but at least close to that right? for me, 60-65K to crash with Avanza's price? or 79K-88K to crash with Vios price? I don't think Toyota will do that huh....Anyway I'm just guessing by my common sense only lah haha Wink
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. You got points there.. CKD price is getting higher next year. Sad

I believe that the CKD Vitz will have less feature than CBU Vitz. If the manufacturer want to save some cost and maintained the possible lowest price of the model. The first action that they will do is to decrease the number of Airbags, maybe from 7 decrease to 2. Then some others possible feature to OEM here. Its a very good example of our Accent, CKD don't have any Airbag if compare to CBU Accent. Crying or Very sad
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not check out the show room but most of the true 4x4 is always Manual. Price have to check out later. I drove my office 4x4 anyway.
david wrote:
Hi marky,

What is the OTR price? Issit full accessories?

Does this creature have manual tranmission only?

marky wrote:
Another Toyota Review from yours truely..... !!! Wink

I had a chance to drive Toyota Hilux D4D Turbo Intercooler last few weeks.

Body: its tough and spacious. I was surprise that it is not as cramp as Storm (as mention by others). The unit which I drove had its back covered. It looks as if its slightly longer compared to other brands of 4x4.

Engine: Pick-up is slow for a diesel engine. But when its moving, the pickup is much better then a petrol engine. To top it up, it has a turbo with intercooler. I did have a look under the hood and access to corners of the engine is easy because its spacious.

Suspension & Brake system: Its fully ABS all around. The suspension is comfortable for its size but tough when absorbing humps and bumps and uneven roads. I did hit a few pot holes which cars would avoid - it couldn't even hardly felt in the cabin. Even the steering also don't feel it. Braking was really efficient and control steering was good with the ABS.

Interior: It looks classy and instruments were very basic and easy to reach. Meters are also easy to read and understand. One thing I enjoy the most while driving in KL is to blast the radio. Sound system was extreamly good!!!! 6 speaker's system - tweeters on the wing mirror cover, mid-range on the front and back doors. The other thing is also the air-cond. It was really cold even when its on blower speed 1. Everytime come out from the car, my specs will be misty. hehehe...

Gears & Steering: It could have been smoother when shifting. Clutch was harder to press. Changing between 4L,4H etc, was easy. It will auto lock when the gear has been selected. Stick shift was really long, felt as if I was driving a bus with stick shift. Lucky it was power steering, if not, I'm going to have a really tough time turning the steering when stand still.

Safety & Security: ABS is responsive. AirBags for driver side only. Has immobeliser installe on top of its basic alarm.

Overall, its worth getting a car, but it depends on individual.

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some 4x4 or 4WDs especially those Diesel types, the pickup is lower but has a higher power output on a higher torque compared to petrol. A dieseled engine can be submerge in water like those used to cross deep rivers.
If its petrol engined 4WDs, the pickup is slightly higher but on the high power output, it will be lower. Moreover, petroled engine can't be submerge in water compared to Diesel.
BaDaMz wrote:
Maybe somebody should start a forum on 4WD pickup? Some magz i read they say it's underpower but overall it's good..

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS, when a countries doors are open, there will always a lot of competition from all products including cars. But one bad thing is the our Govn is controlling those better quality cars cause it can easily kill Proton.

Accent is a non local made car, so it should not effect at all.
KCKS wrote:
Laughing They will be a great car war in coming year. I think all the overall local P & P manufactures will face the attack. But how about Accent, will it affect Accent?? Rolling Eyes

skydiver
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think car price and comparision is base on alot of factors. Most importantly is we are able to enjoy the rides and safety at the same time content with it. we should be proud of what we have
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skydiver, good comment. Its really worth getting a non local car except Per2.
Their quality is much better then proton.

Anyway, car prices in Malaysia is ridiculously priced and tax! The only way to compare a car is test drive it and know what you're looking for. Comfort will be Toyota, speed/performance = honda, world class safety = Volvo, resonable with quality = Hyundai etc.
skydiver wrote:
well i think car price and comparision is base on alot of factors. Most importantly is we are able to enjoy the rides and safety at the same time content with it. we should be proud of what we have

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: