Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steering, Gear & Pedal Lock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoCkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Well it depends on individual. For me, I'm currently using Yale Steering Lock which I face it outwards towards the door. So getting in will be difficult and it will be obvious if to take out.
If you think foot lock is good, then you get it, or if you think steering lock is good then get that. If can't make up your mind, get all!!! Laughing
The steering/pedal/gear locks are actually secondary type on top of the car alarm,internal steering lock.
RoCkie wrote:
marky wrote:
Batista, I did not fit any gear lock to my Accent. At the moment, I'm using Yale Steering lock which is very heavy and hard. The other day, I forgot to pick it up from the floor and I ran over it and its still good. Did not bend. I do not advice to make new holes for the keys to the lock. Just buy steering lock and then buy a foot lock also lor. So you've now 4 locks!!! hahahaha

batista wrote:
I hv visited LockTech website before, but it does not suits for Accent at the moment. It's only for Atos, Sonata & Getz. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Marky,
Which one more convenient yet effective... foot-lock or steering lock? Currently i'm using only a foot-lock for my Wira... very used to it already... i will "automatically" put on the foot-lock every time i'm going out from the car... Embarassed

Thanks for the advise Marky! Wink
But i think i'll get the steering lock this time... much smaller and easy to store inside the car compared to the foot-lock Rolling Eyes
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoCkie, hows your lock? Which one you got?
sbsoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking for A/T gear lock which suites for Accent. Anyone who has installed, pls share....... TQ
chinhai8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me share a news to you all...the is a news that stealing a mod wira in 1-Utama...the thief have brake the alarm cost Rm1000 over...but the thief is not sucessful stealing wira because of a device lock the petrol to run which only cost around Rm15...the method the thief use is take out the key lock on wira's rear bonnet and duplicate a key by the key locker...i am going to install the shop around for the device...I will install it in my 40k km service...after i install,i will share the exact price and function to you all. Very Happy
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far i had seen one gear lock for A/T which is use to lock the gear button to shift from P. Saw a brouchere from my collague whose bring back from USJ Taipan. Cost around RM280 if im not mistaken. Only changing the entire gear shift knob with the shaft and no drilling required.
Wink
batista wrote:
I'm still looking for A/T gear lock which suites for Accent. Anyone who has installed, pls share....... TQ
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear members, please note that all further discussion will be continue in Steering, Gear & Pedal Lock (1).

Thank you. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: